Wednesday 29 April 2015

April Favourites #15




I'm not going to say "Is it really the end of April already?" because of course is it is. There's no need to point out the obvious that this year in general is flying by. I've noticed that my favourites this month are considerably less than lasts. I've been sticking to similar looks and using products that I know work. I have however been loving purple in all shape and forms. Smokey eyes, bright eyeliner and lips. I know that deep purples are more of an autumn/winter trend but I've been loving bright, glittery and bold forms of the colour. I've seen blue/turquoise looks everywhere recently and I love how it looks on everyone else, but me. So I think purple is my blue substitute.

Mac Face & Body Foundation - This is the only foundation I've used all month. I know I was stuck between Nars Sheer Glow, Dior Star and Illamasqua Skin Base and although I'm still stuck and still love them, I just can't get enough of face & body. I know it's nothing new or out of this world but I just think it really suits me, it's very light and very sheer but my skin has been v.clear (unusally clear) this past month so I can get away with it. I notice a lot of foundation exaggerate my pores and they become very noticeable and that's why I love this foundation. It gives a very even, clean and dare I say it flawless look that doesn't cake or feel heavy, so it's going to be perfect for the summer months.

Mac Pearl Glide Eyeliner - Designer Purple - This does what the packing suggests. It glides on very easy and the pigmentation is insane! It's a very bright shimmery purple, so for you matte girls, you wouldn't like it as it is very glittery. Mac say 'Soft, smooth, creamy formula glides on for a perfectly intense line, yet its soft texture allows you to blend. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof.' I completely agree with that statement. You don't have a long time to blend it as it sets and then it doesn't move all day long.

Benefit Roller Lash - I'm not going to talk about this too much because I keep raving about it! I know some people prefer the They're Real mascara but I have never tried it and I'm completely obsessed with Roller Lash. I think it's amazing and I could go on about alllll day long. It's gives length and separation and holds a curl like no other mascara I've ever tried.

 Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye - Light - I have been really enjoying this over the past month. It doesn't brighten under the eye, which is what I usually go for, for a under eye concealer but it does dispel those dark circles and discolouration. I use this concealer for work and I love it. Because I work in a hospital on a busy ward we have rules about make up. For instance I couldn't show up at work with my purple smokey eyes or bright lips, it's got to be natural. We can wear foundation, but me personally I prefer not to and instead I wear concealer, mascara, a bit of blush and then I'm good to go. I love the lasting power, coverage and overall feel of this concealer.

Mac Mineralize Eyeshadow Quad - Great Beyond - This has been my go to all month. I'm really enjoying it. I love the pigmentation and the buttery feel of the shadows. I've created various purple looks with this and have had a few comments about my eyeshadow when I've been wearing it. I think the colours are so versatile and would look great with any eye colour or skin tone.

Other Favourites - 

After all my complaining about finishing PLL and Gossip Girl I've found another series! Once Upon A Time. I'm already addicted to it. I started it about one week into April and I'm already 9 episodes in to season 3! I don't want to ruin it for anyone but it's amazing! It's about fairy tale characters sent to the real world with lots and lots of twists and new characters popping up every where.

Handmade Burger Co. and Bella Italia have been my favourites places to eat this month and The Water Diviner and A Little Chaos have been my favourites films at the cinema. I cried at both.

What have you guys been loving this month and can blue suit a brown eyed, brunette girl? Please let me know!

Emma x

No comments :

Post a Comment