Wednesday 3 June 2015

Bright Summer Lips



One of my favourite things about summer is getting to wear bright, in your face lipstick that would more than likely look quite unusual in the mounds of layers I wear in the dredges of winter. I love very girly pinks, corals and highly glossed pouts and although I would consider my self quite bold when it comes to wearing darker shades and purple, I'm always quite nervous when wearing an almost neon pink.

This Revlon Colorburst (it's so annoying not spelling 'color' as colour) Matte Balm is a gorgeous bright pink that brightens up any look. It feels more high-end, as it is matte on a budget but it doesn't budge or feel drying, it's highly pigmented and the wear time is so good. When it does begin to fade it does so evenly, without going patchy so when I finally look in a mirror I don't think omg. With all my matte lipsticks I exfoliate my lips properly before applying, but I did try this on as soon as I bought it on my not so great pout and it didn't overly draw attention to the dryness.

I'm already a big fan of the other finishes from the colourburst range, but I'm definitely going to be picking up some more colours from their matte collection. What colours do you recommend I try out? Also what is your go-to bright summer lip?

Emma x

No comments :

Post a Comment